Sunday, May 10, 2009

Towers of Green-ness


When Emma was in kindergarten, she announced that she had written a poem. I was, of course, thrilled. I asked her to share her poem with me.  Here's the poem:

Tree

Tower of Green-ness

I have been thinking a lot of that poem lately because we are surrounded by "towers of green-ness" right now.  Everything is so green.  I never experienced anything like it before we moved here.  The trees, bushes, vines growing on the trees, everything is green!  

These pictures really don't do it justice.  These are just some trees on our street.  I wish I could describe the amount of green we have here.
I think that what makes this an especially special spring is that the trees were so sad-looking after the ice storm.  We still have cut logs at the base of trees from the broken limbs.  But the trees look beautiful now- just like "Towers of green-ness"!!
"Oh, give us pleasure in the flowers today; 
And give us not to think so far away
As the uncertain harvest; keep us here
All simply in the springing of the year."
Robert Frost

1 comments:

Peggy said...

I love the poem! I miss the green-ness (and the people that live there). :) Thanks for sharing.