We had to say "good bye" to our Honda Odyssey this week. Last Wednesday, a woman turned into me and hit me head-on. Though the car didn't seem overly damaged, the insurance company decided to "total" it. Since I lean on the sentimental and dramatic side, I've been a little bit weepy. When we bought this car in 2002, it had 22,000 miles on it. The odometer now reads 155,000+. We have driven it coast to coast, back and forth to Colorado and Utah, on some of our best vacations, to bring Melissa to BYU, etc. We taught Melissa and Emma how to drive in it. I could go on and on. It has been a great car, and I mostly feel grateful for it. It was a blessing to us!!!
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
The Odyssey: A Tribute
Posted by Little Wonders at 7:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Ugh. I'm so sorry.
My word verification for this post is "imend"
I think I'll take this as a sign to call you and mend the situation with my unfailingly perfect advice . . . I mend.
It's always sad to lose a car you love. Are you doing o.k.? You've had bad luck with accidents. Farewell Odyssey!
I am grateful YOU didn't get totally totalled. And I hope you got checked out by a doctor. Been yet?
I kid you not: I was thinking about your van the other day. That's pretty sad that it's gone.
Post a Comment