Friday, December 25, 2009

WOW! I actually dreamed of a White Christmas...

A White Christmas in AR?!? Really?!? Hello, this is Emma. I thought I would take my turn.

It seems like centuries since we have had a decent white Christmas, but thankfully the light snow fall from Christmas Eve carried over to a nice, white blanket on Christmas Day! It started out as a joyous day, and is continuing in that direction. We opened presents at precisely 8:42 a.m. and have been giggling and bonding the day away. We girls were super excited, especially Elinor (who we all know can get REAL excited!). After a pleasant gift unveiling, we all bundled up and went sleding down E. Charing Cross Rd. Our gloves, coats, and scarves were no match for the biting wind and crisp snow! Thunder, the cat, even enjoyed it.... kind of... On this rememberable day, we have not forgotten who made it possible and whom we are truly celebrating, our Savior, Jesus Christ. His love and tenderness have immensely blessed our lives this year and we are extremely grateful. With Melissa home, ME BEING ACCEPTED TO BYU IDAHO, and Elinor growing so fast, we are definitely going to remember this White Christmas!

Oh.... What is awaiting us under the tree? The anticipation is clearly killing us!

Thundie boy didn't like the snow at all. But he was content when bundled up in dad's coat!

Mommy and Dad went on a wild ride down the street...

Emma- "The biting wind... I can't move my face!"
Dad- "Hold on Emma, it's going to be a bumpy ride!"


Melissa had a lot of fun and screamed the whole way down!

Elie wiped out a lot... but she was a fighter and kept trying again and again!

Candid.

4 comments:

Becca said...

Are you kidding? Talk about perfect Christmas! The pictures capture the fun so well, and your girls are as darling and beautiful as ever. Last time Fayetteville had a white Christmas was when we were there in 2002.

sharron yeates said...

Hi Everyone! Great photos and commentary!!! We had a white Christmas also. Jason and Scott cut almost all of the ingredients for Eggs Benedict and we had Ethel's Coffee Cake too. Lisa & Rod and kids joined us and it was delicious if I must say so myself. Jason kept a cozy fire going in the fireplace and we enjoyed a beautiful Christmas day. It was good to see the Dalys in the late afternoon. Love to all, Sharron

Shawna said...

It looks like tons of fun! White Christmas' are a lot of fun. And I love the leaf pictures from the previous post. We miss you guys, I wish we lived closer.

Peggy said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I personally love the fact that Thunder went along for the ride. :)