Saturday, June 6, 2009

Yard WORK!

This is Troy! Yes, he is taking a nap on the front porch! He's been working all day in the yard.
Our yard is a work in progress, and progress is slow. Partly, I will admit, because I hate yard work because I hate bugs. There are BUGS out there. Mostly, however, it's all Troy's fault! His projects are so big and laborious that only he can do them.


This is the "ROCK WALL". It will be great when it is done. And, it will help to keep our house and yard from continuing to slip down into the gutter. Troy gathered the rock from a construction site(with permission, of course). To make the wall look "dry stacked", he carefully selects each rock, cuts it, cleans it, stacks it, and mortars it.


This rock wall was his project last year. You can't tell from the pictures how long the walls are. It's a big undertaking! After the walls are done, we(he) will start the planting.


3 comments:

Shawna said...

Well that is classic Troy, go big or go home, and we know he always goes big. And in a little chip of the old mom block I can only imagine how precise and "his" way it has to be, but that's why we love him right. Love ya Troy!

sharron yeates said...

Hi everyone! Troy is looking great even if he is sleeping. The house is cute - I haven't ever seen any pics of it. The rock wall is very impressive and I am sure built to perfection! How is everyone?? We are good - having alot of spring rain, but everything looks like the emerald city. Looking forward to seeing you this July! xoSharron

{The Castaways} said...

Tell Troy if he has a little extra energy, he can scoot on over here. I have a lot of Honey Do's I need help with!