School?!? When did summer start winding down?
I bet this is what most of you pupils or mothers of pupils are thinking. There is more stress the 2 weeks before school than the 10 months of school, or so it seems! Yesterday was my clothes/fashion show day with mother. It just so happened that the cutest, on-sale clothes just happened to be my size and work perfectly! It was an amazing day full of mother-daughter moments, story telling, and of course spendege of money. And just to let the world know, I have purchased a pair of purple (s)pecs (trying for the alliteration). Nevermind the fact that they are kids' glasses, they are super cute.There is another fact about back to school that is stressful for moms, but amazing for the children. I still consider myself a child, but for this reason only! SCHOOL SUPPLIES! My mother has made this a lasting ritual in our family to buy a new 8-pack of Crayola markers, the 24-pack of crayons and colored pencils, and getting a galore of folders and binders. It is a magical experience... but for a junior in high school there is no more fun. All I need these days is million plain, uncreative, boring, lame, ugly binders for billions of classes! But this is a fact I must live with.
To all those kids in grades under 5th, you should celebrate your school life while you can! And for the kids in 6th grade and up, I feel your pain!

4 comments:
Love the picture.
Jealous of the shopping.
Adore the Crayola traditions!
Nice work, and welcome to the blogging world! You have officially been added to my favorites. :)
Emma, love the post! You write well. Good job listening to your English Teaching Mother. She is an incredible teacher.
Post a Comment